Join the Shirley's KC Team!
Shirley's KC is still adding dope women to our team who can step in and do the work to amplify the voices of Black women. If you're ready to step in and drive change in our city and you’re passionate about advocacy and activism — one of these opportunities may be for you.
Please carefully read the descriptions of each opening and if you feel you're a match, reach out by emailing with your resume and other required documents.
Programs Development VISTA
Shirley's KC is building a powerful team to help amplify the voices of black women in our region. In order to better wield our collective power, we've added a Programs Development VISTA position. This person should be passionate about breaking down racial inequity and creating change. Our VISTA intern will develop the backbone of our volunteer organizing and communication systems.
Spring Communications & Outreach Intern
Have a strong passion and interest in the issues that face Black women
At least a junior in college
Preferred Related Majors: Marketing, communications, advertising, non-profit management, political science, public relations, public affairs, public management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professionalism when communicating with executive-level leaders
Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
Change Catalyst and Outreach Intern
Develop a funnel for recruiting, onboarding, and retaining members
Assist in the membership program launch
Build positive working relationships with Shirley’s Kitchen Cabinet supporters
Maintain membership database and identify areas, organizations, and segments of the community to recruit members
Establish a partner organization database
Make presentations and represent Shirley’s Kitchen Cabinet at relevant events, community forums, and collaborative community-based projects.
A high-school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of proven work experience as a Senior/C-Level Executive
Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant, or similar role is required
● This role requires the utmost level of time management, attention to detail, interpersonal skill, and
● The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, trustworthy and discreet, professional, and focused
● Experience with data systems management and financial reporting systems is required
● Experience with office management and cloud-based systems, including but not limited to social media
● Advanced Microsoft Office, spreadsheet proficiency (5+ years) is required. Canva or Adobe Design Suite experience a plus!